[SCENARIO] id=20 | sector=finance | agents=3 | rounds=20
[AGENTS] 1=ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead, 2=Treasury Markets & Funding Manager, 3=Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller
[GOAL] Produce a final recommendation on whether to execute a near-term interest-rate hedge for the bank’s balance sheet using vanilla swaps, balancing interest-rate risk reduction, liquidity and collateral impacts, hedge-accounting feasibility, financial statement volatility, and execution timing against upcoming funding and reporting constraints.

[R0.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (speak, public): As we're evaluating the interest-rate hedge, I’d like to understand our near-term liquidity headroom and if there are any constraints that we should consider regarding execution and timing. Also, are there any upcoming funding actions or potential collateral issues that might affect our decision?
[R0.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (speak, public): In terms of our near-term liquidity position, we are currently at an LCR of 118%, which is above our internal minimum of 110%. This gives us some headroom for executing a hedge. Regarding upcoming funding actions, we have a $900 million senior note maturing in June 2026, which is callable in May. We should also be aware of any potential collateral implications when considering swaps, especially with the current CSA terms. Are there specific execution timelines we should align with?
[R0.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (speak, public): Regarding execution timelines, we need to ensure that any hedge documentation is prepared within the 30-day timeframe to meet eligibility requirements. Additionally, with the interim audit starting on June 24, we should consider finalizing our decision well in advance of that date to allow for any necessary adjustments. Given that we have the Q2 close on July 8, we should ideally aim for execution in late May or early June to ensure compliance and minimize volatility in our financial statements. Can we confirm if the current market conditions are favorable for executing the swaps within this timeline?

[R1.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (speak, public): Thank you for the insights on liquidity and execution timelines. Given our current LCR position and the upcoming maturity of the senior note, it seems we have some flexibility. Let's also consider current market conditions—are we seeing favorable levels for executing these swaps in late May or early June? Additionally, we should review the CSA terms to ensure there are no unexpected collateral implications before we finalize our decision.
[R1.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (speak, public): Current market indications show that the 5Y SOFR swap rate is at 3.78% with a bid-ask spread of 2.5 bps. This suggests that the market is fairly stable, which could be favorable for our execution timeline in late May or early June. However, we should also closely monitor our CSA terms to ensure there are no unexpected collateral impacts as we approach the execution date. Would it be prudent to conduct a sensitivity analysis on potential interest rate movements before we finalize our decision?
[R1.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (speak, public): I agree that conducting a sensitivity analysis on potential interest rate movements would be a prudent step before we finalize our hedge decision. This will help us better understand the possible impacts on our financial statements and ensure we're making an informed choice given the current market conditions. Can we outline the specific parameters we want to analyze?

[R2.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (speak, public): Let's outline the parameters for the sensitivity analysis. I suggest we focus on a range of interest rate shifts, say ±25 basis points, and analyze the impact on both the EVE and NII metrics. Additionally, we should consider the implications of these movements on our liquidity position and any potential collateral requirements. Does this approach align with your thoughts?
[R2.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (speak, public): I think the proposed parameters for the sensitivity analysis, focusing on ±25 basis points for EVE and NII, align well with our objectives. This will provide valuable insights into potential impacts on our financial statements and liquidity position. Let's proceed with this analysis and reconvene to discuss the results before making a final decision on the hedge execution.
[R2.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (speak, public): I agree with the proposed parameters for the sensitivity analysis. Let's ensure we analyze the impact on both EVE and NII with the ±25 basis points shifts. This will be crucial for our final hedge decision. Once we have the results, we can reconvene and evaluate our options before moving forward with execution.

[R3.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (speak, public): Great, it seems we are all aligned on the parameters for the sensitivity analysis. Let's ensure we complete this promptly so we can reconvene and review the findings. I appreciate everyone's input on this discussion.
[R3.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R3.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 

[R4.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 
[R4.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R4.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 

[R5.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 
[R5.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R5.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 

[R6.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 
[R6.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R6.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 

[R7.1] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 
[R7.2] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R7.3] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 

[R8.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R8.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R8.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R9.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R9.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R9.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R10.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R10.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R10.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R11.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R11.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R11.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R12.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R12.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R12.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R13.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R13.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R13.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R14.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R14.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R14.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R15.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R15.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R15.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R16.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R16.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R16.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R17.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R17.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R17.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R18.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R18.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 
[R18.3] ALM / Interest Rate Risk Lead (leave, public): 

[R19.1] Treasury Markets & Funding Manager (leave, public): 
[R19.2] Financial Reporting & Hedge Accounting Controller (leave, public): 

