[VIEW] agent=Director, Marketing Insights | scenario_id=73 | rounds=20

--- Round 0 ---
[R0.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): Let's discuss the release date for our tentpole studio film. We're facing competitive release pressure with a major competitor opening on Jul 25, 2026, and a forecasted overlap of 2 weeks.
[R0.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): We've got some positive indicators on the marketing front. The trailer got 18 million views in its first week with a 41% completion rate. However, we need to consider how to optimize our paid media spend given the competitive landscape.
[R0.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To assess the feasibility of shifting the domestic theatrical release date, we need to consider the contractual obligations and third-party rights involved. Specifically, we should examine the notice period for the director and any other talent with consultation rights or approval clauses.

--- Round 1 ---
[R1.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): We've got 3,850 screens tentatively held, with confirmations due on Apr 10, 2026. Additionally, we're requesting 420 PLF screens, and our IMAX hold expires on Mar 28, 2026. How do these factors impact our decision on the release date, and have we considered the potential impact of moving the release date on our marketing strategy?
[R1.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): We've seen promising results from our test screenings with a top-2 box score of 68% among 420 audience members, and unaided awareness is at 32% among our target demographic of 13-34-year-olds. However, we need to weigh these positives against the potential risks of adjusting our release date and premium-format allocation. Additionally, we have some flexibility with $4,000,000 of our paid media budget that can be reallocated within Q3 if needed.
[R1.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): Shifting the release date could trigger a number of contractual considerations. For instance, we need to check the music licensing clearance timeline, as we have two needle-drops requiring MFN treatment with a 21-day clearance lead time. Additionally, our PLF exclusivity period is 21 days, and we have a screen-count floor of 350. We should confirm whether these terms will be impacted by a date change.

--- Round 2 ---
[R2.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): Considering our current screen hold and premium format requests, we need to weigh the benefits of maintaining the current release date against the potential risks posed by the competitive release on Jul 25, 2026. If we move our release date, our internal model suggests an 8% reduction in opening weekend performance. How do our marketing insights and contractual obligations factor into this decision?
[R2.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To address the competitive pressure and potential release date shift, we should consider how our current marketing efforts can be adjusted. We've committed $24,000,000 in paid media, with $4,000,000 available for reallocation within Q3. Additionally, we have three retail promo partners signed, with in-store promotions starting on Jun 15, 2026. We need to assess how a release date change might impact these partnerships and our overall marketing strategy.
[R2.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To further assess the feasibility of shifting the domestic theatrical release date, we should also review the Guild-related promo constraints. We have a SAG-AFTRA junket cap of 5 days with a per diem of $75/day. We need to consider how a date change might impact our promotional activities and whether these constraints will be affected.

--- Round 3 ---
[R3.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To align our release-date decision with realistic audience demand and paid-media flexibility, let's summarize our current standings and concerns. We have positive marketing indicators, including 18 million trailer views and a top-2 box score of 68% from test screenings. However, we face competitive release pressure with a major competitor opening on Jul 25, 2026. Our internal model suggests moving our release date could reduce opening weekend performance by 8%. We also have contractual obligations, including a PLF exclusivity period and music licensing clearance timelines to consider. How do we balance these factors to make an informed decision?
[R3.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To make an informed decision on shifting the domestic theatrical release date and adjusting the premium-format allocation, we need to synthesize our marketing effectiveness, exhibitor commitments, and contractual constraints. Our current marketing indicators are positive, with 18 million trailer views and a top-2 box score of 68% from test screenings. However, we need to balance these against the potential 8% reduction in opening weekend performance if we shift the release date. We should also consider the contractual implications, including the PLF exclusivity period and music licensing clearance timelines. Given our flexibility with $4,000,000 of our paid media budget, we can reallocate funds within Q3 to optimize our marketing strategy. Let's weigh these factors to determine the best course of action.
[R3.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To finalize our decision on shifting the domestic theatrical release date and adjusting the premium-format allocation, we need to confirm that any changes are executable under our contractual obligations and third-party rights timelines. Specifically, we should verify the director's consultation rights and the 10 business-day notice period, as well as the music licensing clearance timeline with its 21-day lead time for MFN needle-drops. Additionally, we must consider the PLF exclusivity period and screen-count floor. Let's ensure we're aligned on these contractual constraints before making a final decision.

--- Round 4 ---
[R4.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To finalize our decision, let's summarize the key factors: we have positive marketing indicators, competitive release pressure, an 8% potential reduction in opening weekend if we shift the date, and contractual obligations including PLF exclusivity and music licensing timelines. We need to balance these to make an informed decision. I propose we maintain the current release date of Jul 18, 2026, to maximize our opening weekend performance and adjust our marketing strategy to address the competitive pressure.
[R4.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): I agree with maintaining the current release date of Jul 18, 2026, to maximize our opening weekend performance. To address the competitive pressure, we can optimize our marketing strategy by reallocating the $4,000,000 flexible budget within Q3 and leveraging our retail promo partnerships starting Jun 15, 2026. Let's ensure we're aligned on the contractual constraints and confirm that our marketing efforts are adjusted accordingly.
[R4.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): I agree with maintaining the current release date of Jul 18, 2026. We've confirmed that our contractual obligations, including the director's consultation rights, music licensing clearance timeline, and PLF exclusivity period, can be met with the current date. Let's move forward with adjusting our marketing strategy to address the competitive pressure.

--- Round 5 ---
[R5.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): I think we've reached a consensus. Let's maintain the current release date of Jul 18, 2026, and adjust our marketing strategy to address the competitive pressure. I'll summarize our decision and next steps for the team.
[R5.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R5.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 6 ---
[R6.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R6.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R6.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 7 ---
[R7.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R7.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R7.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 8 ---
[R8.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R8.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R8.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 9 ---
[R9.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R9.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R9.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 10 ---
[R10.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R10.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R10.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 11 ---
[R11.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R11.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R11.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 12 ---
[R12.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R12.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R12.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 13 ---
[R13.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R13.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R13.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 14 ---
[R14.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R14.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R14.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 15 ---
[R15.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R15.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R15.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 16 ---
[R16.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R16.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R16.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 17 ---
[R17.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R17.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R17.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 18 ---
[R18.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R18.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R18.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

--- Round 19 ---
[R19.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R19.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R19.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

