[SCENARIO] id=39 | sector=defense | agents=3 | rounds=20
[AGENTS] 1=Supply Chain Risk Manager, 2=RF Engineering Lead, 3=Program Contracts & Finance Lead
[GOAL] Produce a final recommendation on whether to initiate an accelerated second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules supporting an AESA radar production program, balancing near-term schedule risk, technical performance margin, supplier assurance posture, and contract/cost exposure without disclosing unnecessary proprietary or sensitive program details.

[R0.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (speak, public): To propose a risk-mitigated sourcing path for our AESA radar production program, can we discuss the qualification timeline for a second source for GaN RF power modules and the potential commercial implications of delays?
[R0.2] RF Engineering Lead (speak, public): To assess the viability of a second source for GaN RF power modules, I need to understand the qualification timeline and potential commercial implications. From an RF performance perspective, our target output power is 56 dBm and minimum PAE is 42%. We also have a lab rework capacity of 30 modules per day with a queue target under 5 days. Can you provide insights on the current supply chain risk and contractual timing pressures?
[R0.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (speak, public): To evaluate the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, I need to understand the near-term material availability and engineering throughput forecasts. From a contractual perspective, we're facing a tight LRIP Lot 3 delivery schedule by 2026-09-15 with a 30-day grace period before liquidated damages apply. Can you provide insights on the current supply chain risk and any potential supplier integrity concerns?

[R1.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (speak, public): The primary GaN foundry is currently facing a 14-week backlog with the next lot shipping on 2026-05-27. Our current on-hand inventory is 380 modules, providing about 4 weeks of coverage. To mitigate potential disruptions, we are considering a second source. Can you both help me understand the engineering qualification timeline and potential contractual implications if we proceed with a second source requiring a first-article run of 120 modules and a 10-week fab cycle?
[R1.2] RF Engineering Lead (speak, public): To better understand the engineering qualification timeline for a second source, our environmental qualification duration is 18 calendar days, including 3 temperature cycles. If we proceed with an alternate foundry, we expect a gain delta of -0.6 dB and a bias tweak of +0.15 V. Can you provide more details on the contractual implications of a 10-week fab cycle for the first-article run of 120 modules and any potential supplier integrity concerns?
[R1.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (speak, public): To assess the contractual implications of a second source for GaN RF power modules, I need to understand the potential cost exposure. The estimated non-recurring engineering cost for the second source is $940,000, and there's a unit price delta of +$210 per module. Additionally, we need to consider the color-of-money constraint as our FY26 RDT&E funds expire on 2026-09-30, with $520,000 remaining. Can you both help me understand if the potential benefits of a second source outweigh these costs and if there are any supplier integrity concerns that could impact our decision?

[R2.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (speak, public): To summarize our discussion, we have a primary GaN foundry backlog of 14 weeks with the next shipment on 2026-05-27 and current inventory covering only 4 weeks. The second source requires a first-article run of 120 modules with a 10-week fab cycle. We've identified significant contractual and cost implications, including a non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and a unit price delta of +$210 per module. Given these factors, I recommend proceeding with the second-source qualification while closely monitoring the primary foundry's progress and exploring ways to mitigate the cost exposure and potential supplier integrity concerns.
[R2.2] RF Engineering Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on initiating an accelerated second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, let's summarize the key points. We've established that the primary foundry faces a 14-week backlog, and our current inventory covers only 4 weeks. The second source requires an 18-calendar-day environmental qualification and a 10-week fab cycle for the first-article run. We've also identified significant contractual and cost implications, including a non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and a unit price delta of +$210 per module. From an RF performance perspective, we expect a gain delta of -0.6 dB and a bias tweak of +0.15 V. Given these factors, I believe proceeding with the second-source qualification is technically viable but requires careful management of the contractual and cost implications. I recommend we closely monitor the primary foundry's progress and explore ways to mitigate the cost exposure.
[R2.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, let's summarize the key contractual and financial implications. We've identified a non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and a unit price delta of +$210 per module for the second source. Additionally, we need to consider the color-of-money constraint with our FY26 RDT&E funds expiring on 2026-09-30 and $520,000 remaining. Given these factors, I believe we need to carefully weigh the benefits of a second source against the cost exposure and potential contractual implications, including the risk of liquidated damages if we fail to meet the LRIP Lot 3 delivery schedule by 2026-09-15.

[R3.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, let's summarize the key points. We've established that the primary foundry faces a 14-week backlog with the next shipment on 2026-05-27, and our current inventory covers only 4 weeks. The second source requires a first-article run of 120 modules with a 10-week fab cycle and an 18-calendar-day environmental qualification. We've identified significant contractual and cost implications, including a non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and a unit price delta of +$210 per module. Given these factors, I believe we should proceed with the second-source qualification while closely monitoring the primary foundry's progress and exploring ways to mitigate the cost exposure and potential contractual risks. We should also ensure that our supplier data exchange requirements are met, including the use of MFA and key rotation every 90 days.
[R3.2] RF Engineering Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, I agree that we have a comprehensive view of the technical, contractual, and supply chain implications. Given the primary foundry's 14-week backlog and our limited inventory coverage, proceeding with the second-source qualification seems prudent. However, we must carefully manage the contractual and cost implications, including the non-recurring engineering cost and unit price delta. I recommend we proceed with the qualification while closely monitoring the primary foundry's progress and exploring mitigation strategies for the cost exposure.
[R3.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, I believe we have a comprehensive view of the contractual, financial, and supply chain implications. Given the primary foundry's 14-week backlog and our limited inventory coverage, proceeding with the second-source qualification seems prudent. However, we must carefully manage the contractual and cost implications, including the non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and the unit price delta of +$210 per module. I recommend we proceed with the qualification while closely monitoring the primary foundry's progress and exploring mitigation strategies for the cost exposure. We should also ensure that our contractual obligations are met, including notifying the customer within 10 business days if our schedule slips by more than 21 days.

[R4.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, I believe we have a comprehensive view of the supply chain risk, technical, contractual, and financial implications. Given the primary foundry's 14-week backlog and our limited inventory coverage, proceeding with the second-source qualification seems prudent. However, we must carefully manage the contractual and cost implications, including the non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and the unit price delta of +$210 per module. I recommend we proceed with the qualification while closely monitoring the primary foundry's progress and exploring mitigation strategies for the cost exposure. Let's document our findings and recommendations for the program stakeholders.
[R4.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R4.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, I believe we have a comprehensive view of the contractual, financial, and supply chain implications. Given the primary foundry's 14-week backlog and our limited inventory coverage, proceeding with the second-source qualification seems prudent. However, we must carefully manage the contractual and cost implications, including the non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and the unit price delta of +$210 per module. I recommend we proceed with the qualification while closely monitoring the primary foundry's progress and exploring mitigation strategies for the cost exposure. We should also ensure that our contractual obligations are met, including notifying the customer within 10 business days if our schedule slips by more than 21 days.

[R5.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation on the second-source qualification for GaN RF power modules, I believe we have a comprehensive view of the supply chain risk, technical, contractual, and financial implications. Given the primary foundry's 14-week backlog and our limited inventory coverage, proceeding with the second-source qualification seems prudent. However, we must carefully manage the contractual and cost implications, including the non-recurring engineering cost of $940,000 and the unit price delta of +$210 per module. I recommend we proceed with the qualification while closely monitoring the primary foundry's progress and exploring mitigation strategies for the cost exposure. Let's document our findings and recommendations for the program stakeholders.
[R5.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R5.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R6.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R6.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R6.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R7.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R7.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R7.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R8.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R8.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R8.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R9.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R9.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R9.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R10.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R10.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R10.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R11.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R11.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R11.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R12.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R12.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R12.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R13.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R13.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R13.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R14.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R14.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R14.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R15.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R15.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R15.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R16.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R16.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R16.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R17.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R17.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R17.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R18.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R18.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R18.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

[R19.1] Supply Chain Risk Manager (leave, public): 
[R19.2] RF Engineering Lead (leave, public): 
[R19.3] Program Contracts & Finance Lead (leave, public): 

