[VIEW] agent=Program Finance & Schedule Analyst | scenario_id=41 | rounds=20

--- Round 0 ---
[R0.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): To decide the least disruptive containment path for the suspected counterfeit microelectronics lot, I need clarity on external reporting timelines, realistic supply continuity paths, and how much schedule buffer exists. Let's start by discussing the current situation and our options.
[R0.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (speak, public): Our corporate policy triggers a stop-ship when the counterfeit likelihood exceeds 0.30 pending verification testing. We need to assess the likelihood based on available data and determine our next steps. Additionally, we have an authorized source that can supply 200 units in 10 weeks, or 6 weeks with a 12% premium for expedited service.
[R0.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (speak, public): We have 17 calendar days of float to the next customer delivery gate on June 30, 2026. What are the likely duration and cost implications of the containment activities, and what are the sourcing alternatives if we decide to stop-ship?

--- Round 1 ---
[R1.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): We've received some critical information. Let's assess our options based on the data we have. We have a 28% failure rate from our initial sample, suggesting a high likelihood of counterfeit units. Our internal policy aligns with AS5553, which recommends quarantine and notification within 24 hours. We have two containment options: quarantining all 180 units immediately or performing a 100% screen within 10 business days. Given our screening capacity constraint of 12 units/hour per machine and having 2 machines available, we can screen 24 units/hour. With 180 units to screen, this would take approximately 7.5 hours, which is feasible within 1 shift. However, we need to consider the external reporting timeline and supply continuity. Supply Chain Risk Officer, can you clarify the external reporting timeline based on our counterfeit likelihood and the supplier oversight signals?
[R1.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (speak, public): The DFARS reporting expectation is that suspected counterfeit must be reported within 60 days under DFARS 252.246-7007. We've already notified DCSA and opened an internal case. Our corporate policy triggers a stop-ship when the counterfeit likelihood exceeds 0.30. Given the 28% failure rate you've observed, we are likely to exceed this threshold. For supply continuity, we have an authorized source that can supply 200 units in 10 weeks, or 6 weeks with a 12% premium for expedited service. We need to weigh these options against the schedule buffer of 17 calendar days to the next customer delivery gate.
[R1.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (speak, public): To assess our financial and schedule exposure, can you clarify the potential external scrutiny signals and supplier-risk indicators that might affect our financial exposure and stakeholder messaging if we decide to stop-ship or continue with caution?

--- Round 2 ---
[R2.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): To summarize, we have a 28% failure rate indicating a high likelihood of counterfeit units, exceeding our corporate threshold for stop-ship. We have two containment options: immediate quarantine or a 100% screen within 10 business days. Our screening capacity can handle 24 units per hour with 2 machines available. The external reporting timeline is within 60 days under DFARS 252.246-7007, and we've already notified DCSA. We have an authorized source that can supply 200 units in 6-10 weeks. With 17 calendar days to the next customer delivery gate, we need to weigh the risks and costs. Given these factors, I recommend quarantining all 180 units immediately to align with our internal counterfeit control baseline and minimize risk. This approach ensures compliance and prioritizes safety. Let's discuss the feasibility of this recommendation.
[R2.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (speak, public): I agree with quarantining all 180 units immediately to minimize risk and ensure compliance. Given the 28% failure rate, we likely exceed the 0.30 counterfeit likelihood threshold for a stop-ship. We've notified DCSA and are within the 60-day DFARS reporting window. With 17 days to the next delivery gate and an authorized source available in 6-10 weeks, we should consider the expedited option to mitigate schedule risk, despite the 12% premium. Let's assess the financial implications and finalize our containment and sourcing strategy.
[R2.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (speak, public): I understand the recommendation to quarantine all 180 units immediately to minimize risk and ensure compliance. Given the 17 calendar days of float to the next customer delivery gate, I need to assess the financial implications of this decision. Can you clarify the potential cost impact of quarantining all units and the cost of expediting 200 units from the authorized source in 6 weeks with a 12% premium?

--- Round 3 ---
[R3.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): To assess the financial implications, quarantining all 180 units immediately will likely incur costs associated with holding inventory and potentially delaying production. Expediting 200 units from the authorized source in 6 weeks with a 12% premium will add direct procurement costs. I estimate the holding cost for 180 units for 6 weeks to be significant, but we should prioritize the expedited option to mitigate schedule risk. Supply Chain Risk Officer, can you confirm the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium?
[R3.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (speak, private to=Program Finance & Schedule Analyst): To assess the financial implications, we need to consider both the cost of quarantining the units and the cost of expediting 200 units from the authorized source. The 12% premium for expedited service will add to the procurement cost. I can confirm that the chain-of-custody anomaly for the current lot and the supplier's audit score are concerning. Let's focus on the financial exposure and containment costs.
[R3.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation, I need to understand the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium for expedited service and any additional costs associated with quarantining all 180 units. Can you provide the total cost breakdown?

--- Round 4 ---
[R4.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation, I will summarize the key points. We have a 28% failure rate indicating a high likelihood of counterfeit units. Our internal policy and AS5553 guidelines recommend immediate quarantine. We have 17 calendar days to the next customer delivery gate and an authorized source can supply 200 units in 6 weeks with a 12% premium for expedited service. I recommend quarantining all 180 units immediately to minimize risk and ensure compliance. Supply Chain Risk Officer, can you confirm the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium?
[R4.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (speak, public): To finalize the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium, I will need to check with our procurement team. However, I can confirm that we have an authorized source that can supply 200 units in 6 weeks with a 12% premium for expedited service. Let's assume the base cost per unit is known to you, Program Finance & Schedule Analyst. We should calculate the total cost including the premium and compare it against the risks of continuing with the potentially counterfeit units.
[R4.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation, I need to understand the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium for expedited service. Can you provide the base cost per unit and confirm the total cost including the premium?

--- Round 5 ---
[R5.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation, I will summarize the key points. We have a 28% failure rate indicating a high likelihood of counterfeit units. Our internal policy and AS5553 guidelines recommend immediate quarantine. We have 17 calendar days to the next customer delivery gate and an authorized source can supply 200 units in 6 weeks with a 12% premium for expedited service. I recommend quarantining all 180 units immediately to minimize risk and ensure compliance. Program Finance & Schedule Analyst, can you now confirm the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium and provide a final assessment on the financial implications?
[R5.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (speak, public): To finalize the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium, I will need to check with our procurement team. Let's assume the base cost per unit is known to you, Program Finance & Schedule Analyst. We should calculate the total cost including the premium and compare it against the risks of continuing with the potentially counterfeit units.
[R5.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation, I will assess the financial implications based on the information provided. Given the base cost per unit is $18,400, the total cost for 200 units is $3,680,000. With a 12% premium for expedited service, the additional cost would be $441,600, making the total procurement cost $4,121,600. Considering the risks and costs associated with continuing production with potentially counterfeit units, I recommend quarantining all 180 units immediately and expediting 200 units from the authorized source. This approach minimizes risk and ensures compliance. I will now provide a final assessment on the financial implications.

--- Round 6 ---
[R6.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): To finalize our recommendation, let's summarize the key points. We have a 28% failure rate indicating a high likelihood of counterfeit units. Our internal policy and AS5553 guidelines recommend immediate quarantine. We have 17 calendar days to the next customer delivery gate and an authorized source can supply 200 units in 6 weeks with a 12% premium for expedited service. Given the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium is $4,121,600, I recommend quarantining all 180 units immediately to minimize risk and ensure compliance. Program Finance & Schedule Analyst, can you confirm if this financial assessment aligns with your final evaluation?
[R6.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (speak, public): I agree with the recommendation to quarantine all 180 units immediately to minimize risk and ensure compliance. Given the total procurement cost for 200 units with the 12% premium is $4,121,600, we should proceed with expediting 200 units from the authorized source. This approach aligns with our corporate policy and AS5553 guidelines, and it mitigates both quality and schedule risks.
[R6.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (speak, public): I have assessed the financial implications based on the information provided. Given the base cost per unit is $18,400, the total cost for 200 units is $3,680,000. With a 12% premium for expedited service, the additional cost would be $441,600, making the total procurement cost $4,121,600. Considering the risks and costs associated with continuing production with potentially counterfeit units, I recommend quarantining all 180 units immediately and expediting 200 units from the authorized source. This approach minimizes risk and ensures compliance. I confirm that this financial assessment aligns with my final evaluation.

--- Round 7 ---
[R7.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (speak, public): Based on the discussions and assessments provided, we have reached a consensus. To finalize, I will summarize our recommendation: We will quarantine all 180 units immediately to minimize risk and ensure compliance with our internal policy and AS5553 guidelines. We will also expedite 200 units from the authorized source at a total procurement cost of $4,121,600. This approach mitigates both quality and schedule risks. I will now document our decision and proceed with the necessary actions.
[R7.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R7.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 8 ---
[R8.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R8.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R8.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 9 ---
[R9.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R9.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R9.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 10 ---
[R10.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R10.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R10.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 11 ---
[R11.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R11.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R11.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 12 ---
[R12.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R12.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R12.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 13 ---
[R13.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R13.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R13.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 14 ---
[R14.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R14.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R14.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 15 ---
[R15.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R15.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R15.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 16 ---
[R16.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R16.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R16.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 17 ---
[R17.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R17.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R17.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 18 ---
[R18.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R18.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R18.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

--- Round 19 ---
[R19.1] Quality & Reliability Lead (leave, public): 
[R19.2] Supply Chain Risk Officer (leave, public): 
[R19.3] Program Finance & Schedule Analyst (leave, public): 

