[SCENARIO] id=73 | sector=entertainment | agents=3 | rounds=20
[AGENTS] 1=VP, Theatrical Distribution, 2=Director, Marketing Insights, 3=Business Affairs Counsel
[GOAL] Produce a final recommendation on whether to shift the domestic theatrical release date of a tentpole studio film and adjust the premium-format allocation, based on marketing effectiveness, exhibitor commitments, and contractual/talent constraints while minimizing downside financial exposure.

[R0.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): Let's start by discussing our current situation. We're facing competitive release pressure as a major competitor is set to open on Jul 25, 2026, with a forecasted overlap of 2 weeks. Additionally, our internal model suggests that moving our release date 3 weeks later would reduce our opening weekend by 8%.
[R0.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): We've made significant progress on the marketing front. Our trailer has garnered 18 million views in the first week with a 41% completion rate. Additionally, our domestic awareness tracking shows 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic of 13-34 year olds.
[R0.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To assess our situation comprehensively, let's examine the contractual and legal implications of a potential date change. We need to ensure that any move is executable under our current approvals and third-party rights timelines.

[R1.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): That's helpful to know about the marketing progress. To better understand our contractual position, can you clarify if there are any specific contractual or legal implications we should be aware of regarding a potential date change, particularly with respect to premium format allocation?
[R1.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): We've made significant progress on the marketing front, and our test screening results were positive with a top-2 box score of 68% from an audience of 420. Additionally, we have committed $24 million in paid media with the flexibility to reallocate $4 million within Q3. Our retail co-marketing efforts are also on track with three retail promo partners signed and in-store promotions starting June 15, 2026.
[R1.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To address the contractual implications of a date change, particularly regarding premium format allocation, we should review our existing commitments. We have a screen-count floor of 350 and a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days. Additionally, the director has a consultation right with a 10 business day notice period for any changes. We should also consider the music licensing clearance timeline, which requires 21 days for clearance of needle-drops that have MFN clauses.

[R2.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): We've tentatively held 3,850 screens domestically, with confirmations due on April 10, 2026. Additionally, we've requested 420 PLF screens, and our IMAX hold is set to expire on March 28, 2026. Understanding these details will help us assess the feasibility of a date change while maintaining our premium format allocation.
[R2.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To ensure we're making an informed decision, can we confirm how the potential date change aligns with our existing contractual obligations, particularly regarding the screen-count floor and PLF exclusivity period? Additionally, understanding the implications of our IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026, is crucial.
[R2.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To ensure we're making an informed decision, let's align on the contractual obligations. We have a screen-count floor of 350 and a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days. The director has a consultation right with a 10 business day notice period for any changes. Additionally, we need to consider the music licensing clearance timeline, which requires 21 days for clearance of needle-drops with MFN clauses. We should also be mindful of the SAG-AFTRA junket cap of 5 days and the per diem of $75/day.

[R3.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To ensure we're making an informed decision, let's summarize our current understanding. We're facing competitive release pressure with a major competitor opening on Jul 25, 2026. Our internal model suggests that moving our release date 3 weeks later would reduce our opening weekend by 8%. We've tentatively held 3,850 screens domestically, with confirmations due on April 10, 2026, and we've requested 420 PLF screens with the IMAX hold expiring on March 28, 2026. Marketing has made significant progress with 18 million trailer views and 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. Contractually, we have a screen-count floor of 350, a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days, and the director has a consultation right with a 10 business day notice period. Let's assess if we're aligned on the implications of a potential date change.
[R3.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To ensure we're aligned on the marketing implications of a potential date change, I'd like to highlight that our current paid media commitments stand at $24 million, with $4 million available for reallocation within Q3. Additionally, our retail co-marketing efforts are set to begin on June 15, 2026. We should consider how a date change might impact these initiatives and whether adjustments will be necessary to maintain our marketing momentum.
[R3.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To further assess the implications of a potential date change, let's examine the contractual obligations and potential risks. We've established that there are specific contractual timelines we need to adhere to, such as the director's 10 business day notice period and the 21-day music licensing clearance for needle-drops with MFN clauses. Additionally, we have a screen-count floor of 350 and a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days. We should also consider the potential impact on our marketing initiatives and the flexibility we have with our paid media commitments.

[R4.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To ensure we're making an informed decision, let's assess the overall implications of a potential date change. We've gathered that our competitive release pressure is significant with a major competitor opening on Jul 25, 2026. Our internal model suggests that moving our release date 3 weeks later would reduce our opening weekend by 8%. We've tentatively held 3,850 screens domestically, with confirmations due on April 10, 2026. We've requested 420 PLF screens, and our IMAX hold expires on March 28, 2026. Marketing has made significant progress with 18 million trailer views and 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. Contractually, we have a screen-count floor of 350, a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days, and the director has a consultation right with a 10 business day notice period. Let's discuss how these factors align and the potential risks involved.
[R4.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To align our decision-making, I'd like to confirm how the potential date change might impact our marketing initiatives, particularly our paid media commitments and retail co-marketing efforts. Additionally, understanding the implications of the IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026, is crucial for our premium format allocation.
[R4.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, private to=VP, Theatrical Distribution): To further assess the implications of a potential date change, I'd like to inquire about any hidden revenue guarantees or exit fees associated with our current contractual commitments, particularly regarding premium format allocation. Understanding these details will help us better evaluate the potential risks and financial exposure.

[R5.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, private to=Business Affairs Counsel): To address the question about hidden revenue guarantees or exit fees, I can confirm that our current contractual commitments do include specific terms related to premium format allocation. However, the details of these commitments are already being reviewed by our Business Affairs Counsel. Let's focus on the overall implications of a potential date change and how it aligns with our marketing initiatives and contractual obligations.
[R5.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To ensure we're making an informed decision on the release date, can we discuss how the IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026, might impact our premium format allocation and overall marketing strategy?
[R5.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To address the implications of the IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026, we should consider renegotiating our IMAX allocation if we decide to move the release date. This could impact our premium format allocation and overall marketing strategy. Let's assess the potential impact on our contractual obligations and marketing initiatives.

[R6.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To summarize our discussion, we're facing competitive release pressure with a major competitor opening on Jul 25, 2026. Our internal model suggests that moving our release date 3 weeks later would reduce our opening weekend by 8%. We've tentatively held 3,850 screens domestically, with confirmations due on April 10, 2026. We've requested 420 PLF screens, and our IMAX hold expires on March 28, 2026. Marketing has made significant progress with 18 million trailer views and 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. Contractually, we have a screen-count floor of 350, a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days, and the director has a consultation right with a 10 business day notice period. Let's discuss the overall implications of a potential date change and how it aligns with our marketing initiatives and contractual obligations.
[R6.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To ensure we're making an informed decision on the release date, I'd like to confirm how the potential date change might impact our marketing initiatives, particularly our paid media commitments and retail co-marketing efforts. Understanding the implications of the IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026, is crucial for our premium format allocation.
[R6.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To summarize our discussion, we've identified key contractual obligations and potential risks associated with a date change. We have a screen-count floor of 350, a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days, and the director's consultation right with a 10 business day notice period. Additionally, we need to consider the music licensing clearance timeline and the implications of the IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026. Let's assess how these factors align with our marketing initiatives and overall business strategy.

[R7.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's summarize our key findings and assess the overall implications. We're facing competitive pressure with a major competitor opening on Jul 25, 2026. Our internal model suggests that moving our release date 3 weeks later would reduce our opening weekend by 8%. We've tentatively held 3,850 screens domestically, with confirmations due on April 10, 2026. We've requested 420 PLF screens, and our IMAX hold expires on March 28, 2026. Marketing has made significant progress with 18 million trailer views and 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. Contractually, we have a screen-count floor of 350, a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days, and the director has a consultation right with a 10 business day notice period. Let's discuss the overall implications of a potential date change and how it aligns with our marketing initiatives and contractual obligations.
[R7.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, I'd like to summarize the marketing implications. Our trailer has garnered 18 million views with a 41% completion rate, and we've achieved 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. We've committed $24 million in paid media with $4 million available for reallocation within Q3, and our retail co-marketing efforts are set to begin on June 15, 2026. Considering these factors, we should assess how a potential date change might impact our marketing momentum and premium format allocation, particularly with our IMAX hold expiring on March 28, 2026.
[R7.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's assess the overall implications of a potential date change, considering both contractual obligations and marketing initiatives. We've identified key contractual timelines, such as the director's 10 business day notice period and the 21-day music licensing clearance for needle-drops with MFN clauses. Additionally, we have a screen-count floor of 350 and a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days. We should also consider the implications of the IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026, and how it aligns with our premium format allocation and marketing strategy.

[R8.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's summarize our key findings and assess the overall implications. We're facing competitive pressure with a major competitor opening on Jul 25, 2026. Our internal model suggests that moving our release date 3 weeks later would reduce our opening weekend by 8%. We've tentatively held 3,850 screens domestically, with confirmations due on April 10, 2026. We've requested 420 PLF screens, and our IMAX hold expires on March 28, 2026. Marketing has made significant progress with 18 million trailer views and 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. Contractually, we have a screen-count floor of 350, a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days, and the director has a consultation right with a 10 business day notice period. Let's discuss the overall implications of a potential date change and how it aligns with our marketing initiatives and contractual obligations.
[R8.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, I'd like to summarize the marketing implications. Our trailer has garnered 18 million views with a 41% completion rate, and we've achieved 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. We've committed $24 million in paid media with $4 million available for reallocation within Q3, and our retail co-marketing efforts are set to begin on June 15, 2026. Considering these factors, we should assess how a potential date change might impact our marketing momentum and premium format allocation, particularly with our IMAX hold expiring on March 28, 2026.
[R8.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's summarize our key findings and assess the overall implications. We've identified key contractual timelines, such as the director's 10 business day notice period and the 21-day music licensing clearance for needle-drops with MFN clauses. Additionally, we have a screen-count floor of 350 and a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days. We should also consider the implications of the IMAX hold expiration on March 28, 2026, and how it aligns with our premium format allocation and marketing strategy.

[R9.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's assess the overall implications of a potential date change, considering both contractual obligations and marketing initiatives. We've gathered significant information on our competitive release pressure, domestic booking status, premium format allocation, marketing progress, and contractual obligations. Let's discuss how these factors align and the potential risks involved in changing our release date.
[R9.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's summarize the key marketing implications. Our trailer has garnered 18 million views with a 41% completion rate, and we've achieved 32% unaided awareness among our target demographic. We've committed $24 million in paid media with $4 million available for reallocation within Q3, and our retail co-marketing efforts are set to begin on June 15, 2026. Considering these factors, we should assess how a potential date change might impact our marketing momentum and premium format allocation, particularly with our IMAX hold expiring on March 28, 2026.
[R9.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's assess the overall implications of a potential date change, considering both contractual obligations and marketing initiatives. We've identified key contractual timelines and marketing commitments that will guide our decision-making process.

[R10.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, let's summarize our key findings and assess the overall implications. We've gathered significant information on our competitive release pressure, domestic booking status, premium format allocation, marketing progress, and contractual obligations. Considering these factors, I recommend maintaining our current release date to maximize our marketing momentum and premium format allocation. Let's discuss the potential risks and benefits of this approach.
[R10.2] Director, Marketing Insights (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, I agree with maintaining our current release date to maximize our marketing momentum and premium format allocation. Our trailer engagement and awareness tracking indicate a strong marketing foundation. However, we should continue monitoring the competitive landscape and be prepared to adjust our strategy if needed.
[R10.3] Business Affairs Counsel (speak, public): To finalize our decision on the release date, I believe we've gathered sufficient information to make an informed decision. We've identified key contractual timelines, such as the director's 10 business day notice period and the 21-day music licensing clearance for needle-drops with MFN clauses. Additionally, we have a screen-count floor of 350 and a PLF exclusivity period of 21 days. Considering these factors along with our marketing initiatives and premium format allocation, I recommend proceeding with caution and maintaining our current release date unless there's a significant change in the competitive landscape.

[R11.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R11.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R11.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R12.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R12.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R12.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R13.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R13.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R13.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R14.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R14.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R14.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R15.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R15.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R15.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R16.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R16.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R16.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R17.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R17.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R17.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R18.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R18.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R18.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

[R19.1] VP, Theatrical Distribution (leave, public): 
[R19.2] Director, Marketing Insights (leave, public): 
[R19.3] Business Affairs Counsel (leave, public): 

